Monday, January 6, 2014

New Years Half Marathon: Performance is a Reflection of Preperation


I am always up for a challenge but boy this race was a duzie! After completing the Long Beach Marathon, I was in the best shape of my life and staring the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays square in the face, and in the battle of temptation won over me this year!

I was pushed to my limits in this 13.1 mile race as it had been over a month since I had laced up, but how hard could it be, right!

I was really excited to get back with my partner in crime.  Its been quite a while since we hit the pavement together and it was a good feeling to know that as I was going to get back on track, my accountability parter is going through this journey with me.
My amazing girlfriend was there for support at this race and always!
Corral 7 is where is at! Actually, it was not where it was it.  When we registered 7 months ago we projected we would be done way slower than we thought we would now.  So we snuck into corral 6!
LA was shut down for our party! I think that was my favorite part.  It was so cool!How often do you get to run down middle of the streets of downtown LA on a Saturday night (sober)!
Taking pictures on the run... FAIL! But the first mile was really fun!
Beautiful scenes of Downtown LA to help pull me through the back miles after the most hilly experience of my life near dodgers stadium!



Finished 13.1 in 02:28:45